There are some days, that I am simply GRUMPY! Maybe someone said something that set me off, or I got frustrated with myself, or my kids got on my last nerve, or...??? Sometimes, I don't even know why I am feeling out of whack.
I try hard to choose to be HAPPY most of the time, so I thought that I would share my
top 10 ways to turn my grumpy mood into a HAPPY one!
3) Get out into Nature. Getting out of my house, and spending time with the trees, birds, squirrels and sunshine always lifts my spirits. The simple act of seeing the earth's beauty immediately puts my woes into perspective. Most of the time, after about 30 minutes or so, my grumpiness feels minuscule and unimportant.
4) Sing a Silly Song. Admittedly, I tend to only sing (out loud and boldly) when I am in the comfort of my own home. But, belting out a goofy, nonsensical rhyme in a made-up tune cracks me up! And, BONUS - it embarrasses my kids! It is impossible to not feel better after that!
...Maybe it's just me who makes up wacky tunes... but I bet singing a "real" song will help to turn round any crabby mood.
5) Dance. Turn on your favorite tune and shake your tail feathers! Dancing always makes me feel good!
6) Remember a Happy Time. Our world is so fast-paced that we often forget to be thankful for the good times. Thinking back on a favorite memory and feeling grateful for the experience is one of my quick mood-changers.
9) Smile. Even if I am not feeling it, a smile ALWAYS makes me feel better! And... there is science to explain why this is true for all of us! Learn about it HERE. PS - laughing works too!
10) Do Something Different. Most of the time when I get crabby, I just need to stop what I am doing and change my environment and activity. Simple things like taking a moment to stand up and stretch, or going to get a small snack, or running a quick errand can change how I am feeling and get me headed in a happier direction.
There you have it - 10 ways to turn a grumpy mood into a happier one!
What are your strategies? I'd love to hear them - Tell me in the comments below!
Make it a HAPPY day!